Hear detailed discussion about the Medicaid Managed Care rule goals and timelines. The presentation will focus on provisions of the legislation that will impact the pharmacy industry directly, with considerations for both payers and pharmacies.
After attending this session, you should be able to:
- Explain the current state and the growth of the Medicaid market.
- Describe the regulatory changes leading up to and including the implementation of the Medicaid Managed Care rule.
- Outline at least three major changes from the Medicaid Managed Care rule.
- Describe NCPDP's work related to encounter file standards.
- Summarize how the provider enrollment requirement will impact pharmacies' participation in Medicaid contracts with managed care organizations (MCOs).