UDI Impact on Retail Pharmacy
The On-Demand Webinar recording will include a recap of the recent Unique Device Identifier (UDI) system history, a summary of the changes device manufacturers are implementing, information from the FDA UDI regulation and its subsequent guidance document. Links to critical resources will be shared.
Upon successful completion of this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- Have a high level understanding of the FDA UDI regulation.
- Determine which products are subject to the FDA UDI rule.
- Understand the modifications that device manufacturers will be making to their product labels and barcodes to comply with the UDI regulation.
- Understand FDA’s position on the future discontinuation of “NDC” and “NHRIC” from device labels.
- Know how to begin moving forward in adopting UDI.
Melva Chavoya, Clinical Database Manager, Walgreen Co.
Dennis Black, Director, e-Business, Solutions GroupBecton Dickinson
Terrie L. Reed, Senior Advisor Office of Surveillance and Biometrics, FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH)