NCPDP announced today highlights from its 2018 Annual Technology & Business Conference, Industry United to Improve the Patient Journey.
NCPDP announced today highlights from its 2018 Annual Technology & Business Conference, Industry United to Improve the Patient Journey. The Opening Keynote Panel provided a 360-degree view on “Data Challenges and Opportunities to Improve the Patient Journey,” moderated by physician and Executive Director, Health IT Strategy and Policy, Kaiser Permanente, Walter G. Suarez MD, MPH. Patient rights activist, Regina Holliday, also on the panel, presented a keynote during the Awards and Recognition Luncheon. Today’s keynote speaker, former U.S. Chief Technology Officer, Aneesh Chopra, presented “Open Data, IT, and Value-Based Payment: The (Bipartisan) Approach to Health-Care Delivery Reform.” Featured speaker, Doug Long, Vice President, Industry Relations, IQVIA™, gave his highly anticipated IQVIA™ Market Trends Report.
Other conference highlights included:
- Chuck Reed, Group Vice President, Pharmacy Innovation & Solutions, AmerisourceBergen | Elevate Provider Network, was appointed Chair of the NCPDP Board of Trustees.
- Perry Lewis, Vice President of Industry Relations, CoverMyMeds, LLC, was appointed Vice Chair of the NCPDP Board of Trustees.
- NCPDP named Alan K. Gardner, MBA, SVP, Operations, RxResults, LLC, as recipient of its prestigious TIME (The Individual Member Excellence) Award.
- Mark Elliott, Principal, CSG Government Solutions, was presented the Benjamin D. Ward Distinguished Member Award.
- Stephanie Lynn Denbow, Senior Project Manager, Express Scripts, received the Rising Star Award.
In her “State of the Association Report” on Tuesday morning, NCPDP President and CEO, Lee Ann Stember, provided an overview of NCPDP’s Strategic Initiatives, reinforcing the organization’s commitment to leading the industry in healthcare standards and solutions for the common good. She updated attendees on the organization’s top priorities: the NCPDP Universal Patient Identifier (UPI), a standards-based, vendor-neutral and provider-neutral solution for accurately managing patient identification across the healthcare ecosystem; the NCPDP Standards-based Facilitator Model for PDMP, designed to ensure appropriate access to pain medications for patients who need them, while stemming the public health crisis of opioid misuse and abuse; and specialty pharmacy expansion, to streamline the complex business needs of specialty pharmacy and have an impact on improving health outcomes for patients receiving targeted, high-touch therapies. Stember also provided updates on standards development activities and announced products and services enhancements.
NCPDP’s 2019 Annual Technology & Business Conference will be held May 6-8, 2019, at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Download NCPDP’s 2017 Annual Report, 40th
Anniversary Edition, at http://ncpdp.org/About-Us/Annual-Reports