Deadline for Submission: September 15, 2015
The NCPDP Annual Conference brings together representatives from more than 350 companies focused on improving healthcare delivery. Attendees represent segments including retail pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management companies, government agencies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, long term care vendors and providers, database management organizations, healthcare consultants, wholesale drug distributors and many more.
A broad offering of topics will be presented at the 2016 Annual Conference. Preference will be given to case studies, pilot results and inclusion of the theme Vision in Practice. Past attendees have expressed interest in hearing presentations on the following (while the list is not all-inclusive, it does provide potential speakers with insight into topics of interest):
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACO)
- Compliance, Accreditation, Government Mandates and Audits
- Compounding/Specialty Pharmacy Regulation
- Crowdsourcing within Healthcare
- DIR Fees
- Federal and state controlled substance registries to understand the processes and how they will interact with Medicare
- Healthcare Interoperability
- Patient Privacy: Health Information Exchange (HIE), Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs
- Processing PBM Rebates/Manufacturer Best Practices
- Manufacturer experiences using NCPDP Data
- Meaningful Use 3 (MU3)
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services
- 340B Claims Future and/or Benefits Inquiry Pilots
- Expanded Role of Pharmacist as Provider
- Pharma engagement and perspective (i.e. biosimilars update)
- Physician and pharmacy collaboration and cooperation through improved technology
- Pharmacy Quality Measures
Programs must be educational in nature providing fair, full disclosure and equitable balance of all aspects of a topic being presented. No endorsement, commercialism or selling will be permitted. All program materials must be free from promotional influence and/or content.
Proposals must include the following pieces of information:
- Speaker Information (name, credentials, title, organization, address, phone and e-mail) for each proposed presenter
- Biography (50 words, in paragraph form) for each presenter that can be used for accreditation applications with the ACPE/IWE
- Proposed Session Title
- Session Abstract – 100 words, in paragraph form, describing the intent and content of the presentation
- Learning Objectives – A minimum of five (5) learning objectives that will be achieved at the end of the session
- Pre and Post Test Questions
Program Length and Speakers
All sessions are 60 minutes in length, inclusive of a question/answer period. Sessions are limited to a maximum of two (2) speakers. However, the 2016 Annual Conference Committee will consider more than two speakers/panel discussions if the topic warrants.
To help attendees advance their personal and professional development, NCPDP will apply for continuing education credits through the Institute of Education and Wellness for Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credits.
- Visibility, recognition and credibility within the pharmacy and healthcare sector
- Promotion in electronic and printed marketing materials
- Participation in the growth of the profession and industry
- Discounted full conference registration
Speaker Registration and Travel
Conference registration for speakers is complimentary on the day you present. Speakers who wish to attend the other day of conference may attend for a one-day registration fee. All speakers are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses.
Proposals will be reviewed only if they are received on or before August 14, 2015. All submissions will be reviewed by the Annual Conference Committee only if they include all required information and are educational in nature.
Proposals Due August 14, 2015
Selection Made by Committee September 25, 2015
Speakers Notified October 23, 2015
Speaker Form & Disclosures Due February 26, 2016
PPT Final Presentations Due March 25, 2016
Presentations Given May 3-4, 2016