Deadline for Submission: September 15, 2014
The NCPDP Annual Conference brings together representatives from more than 350 companies focused on improving healthcare delivery.
Attendees represent segments including retail pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management companies, government agencies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, long term care vendors and providers, database management organizations, healthcare consultants, wholesale drug distributors and many more.
A broad offering of topics will be presented at the 2015 Annual Conference. Past attendees have expressed interest in hearing presentations on the following (while the list is not all-inclusive, it does provide potential speakers with insight into topics of interest):
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACO)
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) 2015
- Compounding Pharmacy Regulation
- Expansion of prescriptive authority and impact of payment integration
- Expanded role of pharmacist as provider; roles and responsibilities of pharmacist, pharmacy technicians, and other staff behind the counter
- Federal and state controlled substance registries to understand the processes and how they will interact with Medicare, Health Information Exchange (HIE), Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) – patient privacy
- Health Information Technology (HIT) Implementation
- Hospice pharmacies (i.e. Medicare Part D payment & beneficiaries)
- Meaningful Use 3 (MU3)
- National Drug Code (NDC) future
- Patient Safety
- Pharma perspective (i.e. biosimilars update)
- Physician and pharmacy collaboration and cooperation through improved technology
- Pharmacy Quality Measures
- Specialty Pharmacy
Programs must be educational in nature providing fair, full disclosure and equitable balance of all aspects of a topic being presented. No endorsement, commercialism or selling will be permitted. All program materials must be free from promotional influence and/or content.
Proposals must include the following pieces of information:
- Speaker Information (name, credentials, title, organization, address, phone and e-mail) for each proposed presenter
- Biography (50 words, in paragraph form) for each presenter that can be used for accreditation applications with the ACPE/IWE
- Proposed Session Title
- Session Abstract – 100 words, in paragraph form, describing the intent and content of the presentation
- Learning Objectives – A minimum of five (5) learning objectives that will be achieved at the end of the session
- Pre and Post Test Questions
Program Length and Speakers
All sessions are 60 minutes in length, inclusive of a question/answer period. Sessions are limited to a maximum of two (2) speakers. However, the 2015 Annual Conference Committee will consider more than two speakers/panel discussions if the topic warrants.
To help attendees advance their personal and professional development, NCPDP will apply for continuing education credits through the Institute of Education and Wellness for Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credits.
- Visibility, recognition and credibility within the pharmacy and healthcare sector
- Promotion in electronic and printed marketing materials
- Participation in the growth of the profession and industry
- Discounted full conference registration
Speaker Registration and Travel
Conference registration for speakers is complimentary on the day you present. Speakers who wish to attend the other day of conference may attend for a one-day registration fee. All speakers are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses.
Proposals will be reviewed only if they are received on or before September 15, 2014. All submissions will be reviewed by the Annual Conference Committee only if they include all required information and are educational in nature.
Proposals Due September 15, 2014
Selection Made by Committee September 26, 2014
Speakers Notified October 24, 2014
Final Presentations Due March 27, 2015
Presentations Given May 5-6, 2015