NCPDP 2019 Annual Technology & Business Conference
May 6-8, 2019
Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Deadline for Submission: September 28, 2018
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NCPDP's Annual Technology & Business Conference brings together representatives from more than 350 companies focused on improving healthcare delivery. Attendees represent segments including retail pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management companies, government agencies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, long-term care vendors and providers, database management organizations, healthcare consultants, wholesale drug distributors and many more.
A broad offering of topics will be presented at the 2019 Annual Conference. Preference will be given to case studies, pilot results, and emerging trends. Past attendees have expressed interest in learning more about the following topics (while the list is not all-inclusive, it does provide potential speakers with insight into topics of interest):
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Blockchain Technology
- Compliance, Accreditation, Government Mandates and Audits, HIPAA
- Population Health Management
- Precision Medicine
- Medication Adherence, Medication Management
- mHealth (mobile health)
- Patient Experience, Patient Engagement
- Pharmacist as Provider, Pharmacist Provided Patient Care
- Pharmacy Quality Measures
- Rebates, Chargebacks
- Social Determinants of Health
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Standards & Interoperability
- Wearables Data
- 340B Drug Discount Program
Programs must be educational in nature providing fair, full disclosure and equitable balance of all aspects of a topic being presented. No endorsement, commercialism or selling will be permitted. All program materials must be free from promotional influence and/or content.
Proposals must include the following pieces of information:
- Speaker Information (name, credentials, title, organization, address, phone and e-mail) for each proposed presenter
- Biography (50 words, in paragraph form) for each presenter that can be used for accreditation applications with the ACPE/IWE
- Proposed Session Title
- Session Abstract – 100 words, in paragraph form, describing the content of the presentation
- Learning Objectives – A minimum of five (5) learning objectives that will be achieved at the end of the session
- Three open ended Pre-Test Questions and 5 Post-Test Questions, multiple choice or true/false, with answer highlighted.
Program Length and Speakers
New this year, NCPDP is accepting submissions for two different session formats:
- Standard Track Sessions are 60-minute sessions, providing for a 45-minute presentation and 15 minutes of question and answer. These sessions are limited to a maximum of two (2) speakers. However, the 2019 Annual Conference Committee will consider more than two speakers/panel discussions if the topic warrants.
- Rapid-fire, Hot Topic Sessions are 30-minute sessions focused on emerging trends. These sessions are designed to be both cutting-edge and highly-focused, requiring the presenter to share ideas and achieve learning objective(s) in 20 minutes, with the remaining 10 minutes open for interactive discussion.
To help attendees advance their personal and professional development, NCPDP will apply for continuing education credits through the Institute of Wellness & Education for Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credits.
- Visibility, recognition and credibility within the pharmacy and healthcare sector
- Promotion in electronic and printed marketing materials
- Participation in the growth of the profession and industry
- Discounted conference registration
Speaker Registration and Travel
Speakers who present at NCPDP’s Annual Conference can attend conference the day they present free of charge and can purchase the 2nd day of conference for a discounted speaker fee of $488. All speakers are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses.
Proposals will be reviewed only if they are received on or before September 28, 2018. All submissions will be reviewed by the Annual Conference Committee only if they include all required information and are educational in nature.
Proposals Due September 28, 2018
Selection Made by Committee November 16, 2018
Speakers Notified by November 30, 2018
Speaker Form & Disclosures Due January 31, 2019
Draft PPT Presentations Due April 3, 2019
(CPE review requires 30 days before event)
Final PPT Presentations Due April 29, 2019
Presentations Given May 7-8, 2019