Work Group 11 ePrescribing & Related Transactions develops standardized messages for prescribers, pharmacists, payers and/or other interested parties to exchange information related to a prescribing event or patient encounter.
Work Group 14 Long Term and Post Acute Care (LTPAC), in conjunction with the other Work Groups, guides and advises payers, processors, and providers of the long term care industry and institutional pharmacy programs and their agents on standards implementation and supports data processing initiatives.
Work Group 16 Property and Casualty/Workers' Compensation will ascertain, monitor and analyze regulatory requirements to develop and recommend correlating fields to be supported in the Telecommunication Standard format; evaluate, and maintain a Property and Casualty/Workers’ Compensation standard paper claim form; proactively promote and educate pharmacy industry stakeholders and regulatory policy makers on the form and format standards found in Property and Casualty/Workers’ Compensation. This includes but is not limited to uniform billing, state reporting policies and the overall delivery of pharmacy services/care.
Develops, monitors and maintains existing and new standards and guidance for the electronic exchange of data amongst providers, pharmacies, manufacturers, payers/processors and other stakeholders to facilitate patient access to specialty products and related business processes.
The work group, in conjunction with other NCPDP Work Groups, guides and advises stakeholders on standards implementation and supports data processing initiatives. The work group may request modifications to other NCPDP standards as necessary.
Work Group 45 External Standards Assessment, Harmonization and Implementation Guidance reviews, assesses and works to continually monitor the development of standards and/or operating rules by other Standards Development Organizations (SDOs) and/or other Non-NCPDP entities that may impact the pharmacy industry. The Work Group:
Communicates SDO and other external entities’ developments and identifies actions that may be needed by this or other NCPDP work groups. These include, but are not limited to, X12 Incorporated Implementation Guides, Health Level Seven International (HL7®) Standards, and International Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS).
Develops and maintains guidelines for the pharmacy industry to accommodate pharmacy implementation of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Affordable Care Act (ACA) mandated electronic data interchange (EDI) transactions and operating rules not developed by NCPDP as determined by the membership.
Contributes to the development and maintenance of operating rules that impact the pharmacy industry.
To this end, Work Group 45 External Standards Assessment, Harmonization and Implementation Guidance will collaborate with other SDOs, operating rules entities or other Non-NCPDP entities to provide the pharmacy perspective and represent the industry needs in the development of standards and guidelines.
WG7 Manufacturer and Associated Trading Partner Transaction Standards Goals
- Promote NCPDP membership attendance, participation in task group calls and Work Group 7 participation by industry stakeholders via multiple methods, including but not limited to, manufacturer and associated trading partner surveys and other outreach.
- Maintain WG7 standards and associated reference guide to include changes necessary to meet evolving business and regulatory needs and, if appropriate, incorporate new technologies and standards.
- Manufacturer Rebate Utilization, Plan, Formulary, Market Basket and Reconciliation Flat File Standard
- Medical Rebate Data Submission Standard
- Provide examples and further explanation of the recent changes to incorporate the Formulary and Benefit Standard into the Manufacturer Rebate Standard. Use results to update the Manufacturer Rebate Reference Guide and build communication on how the standard could be used.
- Promote all standards developed by WG7 including increasing awareness, acceptance and use of the Medical Rebate Data Submission Standard.
- In conjunction with WG18 Specialty Pharmacy, identify impacted parties and develop requirements and specifications for a new mechanism for trading partners to exchange specialty pharmaceutical information.
- Work and align with other work groups to identify the impact of other standard changes on the WG7 Standards.
- Monitor WG7 task groups to ensure they are tracking scope, goals, and deliverables. Disband task groups that have completed their work.
- Support the MC Maintenance and Control Education-Legislation and Regulation Task Group when new legislation is being introduced regarding issues relevant to the work group.
- Review Data Element Request Forms (DERFs) and adjudicate ballots pertaining to standards for which this work group is responsible.
- Analyze, develop and execute Webinar opportunities for WG7 in coordination with Educational Programs Advisors Group.
For a list of acronyms, please see the Acronym Dictionary
WG7 Manufacturer and Associated Trading Partner Transaction Standards Scope
- Work Group 7 Manufacturer and Associated Trading Partner Transaction Standards develops, monitors, and maintains standards for the electronic exchange of data amongst manufacturers and trading partners to facilitate business processes. Additionally, the work group promotes implementation and education of the standards.