From Months to Minutes: Increasing Speed to Therapy in the Most Challenging Workflows
Challenges aligning medications to coverage, managing controlled substance prescribing, and meeting specialty medications requirements significantly impact speed to therapy. However, standards are breaking down the barriers by bringing the right information into the right point in workflows. Join us at this informative session exploring how standards and innovations are improving electronic transactions, data intelligence, and workflow automation between prescriber and pharmacist and getting must needed therapies to patients quickly.
Advancements in e-prescribing and electronic messaging have improved communication channels between facilities and pharmacies. While at the same time, complexity in the process from prescribing to fulfillment has increased. Logic governing coverage, eligibility, and participation in specialty programs have a lot of dependencies and prone to delaying the delivery of medication therapy to patients.
Three critical focus areas for this presentation include electronic prescribing of controlled substances; enrollment in specialty medication programs; and age-old challenge of simplifying steps the pharmacist and prescriber must take clarify or request a change to a prescription.
The presentation will describe how today’s standards and innovations are getting therapies to patients not in months, but in minutes. Efficiencies occurring in the trenches of care delivery will be discussed along with lessons learned about filling workflow gaps that still exist today.
- Explore the most common challenges with prescription delivery in today’s e-prescribing environment.
- Assess workflow barriers for the prescriber and pharmacist that impact therapeutic availability for traditional prescribing, controlled substance prescribing, and specialty medications.
- Identify value of using data intelligence at the point of care to reduce downstream medication delivery obstacles.
- Contrast the speed to therapy improvements possible through relevant use case examples.
- Plan the critical milestones needed to maximize your organization’s role in impacting speed to therapy.
Ryan Hess, MBA
VP of Product Innovation
Ryan manages multiple businesses under the Enhance Prescribing portfolio. With over a decade of experience in healthcare, he leads innovation for solutions including medication eligibility and formulary, real-time prescription benefit, medication history, and prior authorization solutions. Ryan writes and speaks on how technology and standards enhance workflows across healthcare delivery.
Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) credits for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will be available for this webinar, thanks to a sponsorship by CoverMyMeds.