NCPDP 2022 Annual Technology & Business Conference
Conference Theme: "Be BOLD. Break Barriers."
May 2-4, 2022
Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Deadline for Submission: October 4, 2021
The NCPDP Annual Conference brings together representatives from more than 350 companies focused on improving healthcare delivery. Attendees
represent segments including retail pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management companies, government agencies,
pharmaceutical manufacturers, long-term care vendors and providers, database management organizations, healthcare consultants,
wholesale drug distributors and many more.
A broad offering of topics will be presented at the 2022 Annual Conference and preference will be given to case studies, pilot
results and emerging trends. Past attendees have expressed interest in learning more about the following topics
(while the list is not all-inclusive, it does provide potential speakers with insight into topics of interest):
NCPDP encourages the submission of proposals covering a broad range of educational, informative healthcare and pharmacy topic areas, such as:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Behavioral Nudges
- Blockchain Technology
- Compliance, Accreditation, Government Mandates and Audits, HIPAA
- Data and Analytics
- Digital Therapeutics, Technology
- Emerging Pharmacy Treatments
- Emerging Technologies
- Food and Drug Administration Programs
- Impact of Regulatory/Legislative Environment on NCPDP Standards, Membership, Priorities
- Long-term Care, Hospice
- Population Health Management
- Precision Medicine
- Medicaid and Medicare Programs
- Medication Adherence, Medication Management
- mHealth (mobile health)
- Patient Experience, Patient Engagement
- Pharmacist as Provider, Pharmacist Provided Patient Care
- Pharmacy Quality Measures
- Rebates, Chargebacks
- Social Determinants of Health
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Standards & Interoperability
- Value Based Care
- Wearables Data
- 340B Drug Discount Program
Programs must be educational in nature providing fair, full disclosure and equitable balance of all aspects of a
topic being presented. No endorsement, commercialism or selling will be permitted. All program materials must be free
from promotional influence and/or content.
Proposals must include the following pieces of information:
- Speaker Information (name, credentials, title, organization, address, phone and e-mail) for each proposed presenter
- Biography (50 words, in paragraph form) for each presenter that can be used for accreditation applications
with the ACPE/IWE
- Proposed Session Title
- Session Abstract – 100 words, in paragraph form, describing the content of the presentation
- Learning Objectives – A minimum of five (5) learning objectives that will be achieved at the end of the session
- Three open ended Pre-Test Questions and 5 Post-Test Questions, multiple choice or true/false, with answer highlighted.
NCPDP encourages presentations that support or tie to the conference theme, wherever possible.
Program Length and Speakers
NCPDP is accepting submissions for two different session formats:
- Standard Track Sessions are 60-minute sessions, providing for a 45-minute presentation and 15 minutes of question
and answer. These sessions are limited to a maximum of two (2) speakers. However,
the 2022 Annual Conference
Committee will consider more than two speakers/panel discussions if the topic warrants and the proposal must include a thorough description and detailed information on the session and speakers/panelists (all form fields must be completed).
- Rapid-fire, Hot Topic Sessions are 30-minute sessions focused on a high-level overview of an emerging trend. These sessions are designed to be
both cutting-edge and highly focused, requiring the presenter to share ideas and achieve learning objective(s) in 20 minutes, with
the remaining 10 minutes open for interactive discussion. These sessions are intended for one speaker but if the topic warrants, can have a maximum of two (2) speakers.
To help attendees advance their personal and professional development, NCPDP will apply for continuing education credits through the Institute
of Wellness & Education for Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credits.
- Visibility, recognition and credibility within the pharmacy and healthcare sector
- Promotion in electronic and printed marketing materials
- Participation in the growth of the profession and industry
- Discounted conference registration
Speaker Registration and Travel
Speakers who present at NCPDP’s Annual Conference can attend conference the day they present free of charge and can purchase the 2nd day of conference for a discounted speaker fee of $488. All speakers are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses.
Proposals will be reviewed only if they are received on or before October 4, 2021. All submissions will be reviewed by the Annual Conference Committee only if they include all required information and are educational in nature.
Proposals Due October 4, 2021
Selection Made by Committee November 30, 2021
Speakers Notified by December 10, 2021
Speaker Form & Disclosures Due January 10, 2022
Draft PPT Presentations Due March 18, 2022
(CPE review requires 30 days before event)
Final PPT Presentations Due April 12, 2022
Presentations Given May 3-4, 2022